Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness

Every so often you stumble upon a book that changes your life. This is one such book for our family and many of our friends. The principles are simple...in fact they are the princples by which our grandparents lived. If you have reached your "I've had it!" moment with regards to your personal finance I highly recommend this book. I recommend it to anyone actually, but if you haven't reached your "mad as hell" moment chances are you won't make the changes necessary to take advantage of this book.

Following the baby steps the way they are laid out in this book will truly bring you financial peace. One--Build a baby emergency fund of $1000 to replace your credit cards (which you will no longer use); Two--Pay off your debts, smallest to largest; Three--Build up your emergency fund to three to six months worth of expenses; Four--15% of income invested into retirement funds; Five--College funds; Six--Pay off mortgage early; Seven--Build wealth and give.

6 comments:

Salax said...

gee, great blog. Will you ever post more? NXT For Beginners has more posts than that!

nyc_ransoms said...

I find it hard to believe that you have not read a book since February 23rd! What are you reading War and Peace? The Bible? Anxiously awaiting your next review.

Salax said...

No, he just never posts any book reviews. :)

~Christopher

Jason in Alaska said...

OK...I guess I'll let you guys help me review books. I've just been incredibly busy and haven't had a chance to write any reviews.

Salax said...

Just goes to show that Jason's Book Reviews aren't always written by Jason

nyc_ransoms said...

Well I decided to make a contribution but my invite has expired.